I feel so lazy sharing this recipe. It’s such a non-recipe recipe, you know?
But, then I ate it, and took photos, and was like… Yeah I gotta share this. This breakfast parfait is the bomb. The cherries and raspberries give the perfect balance of tartness and sweetness, and the coconut whipped cream sends this to the next level with creamy, delicious goodness. I was also pleasantly surprised by how much it looks like those strawberry shortcake ice cream bars I used to eat when I was little, so if that’s your jam, feel free to sub one or both of the berries for strawberries instead.
This coconut-berry chia parfait might make you feel like you’re entering into the dessert realm, but it’s actually quite healthy and perfect for breakfast. You get healthy fats from the coconut and chia seeds, and a full serving of fruit! Add some eggs on the side or a little almond butter on top for some protein and you’re good to go!
The coconut whipped cream is another super-easy, non recipe too: simply chill a can of full-fat coconut milk or coconut cream overnight, then whip with a hand mixer until well combined and a little fluffy. Add sweetener, if desired, but I find it’s sweet enough without 🙂 Remember, coconut cream doesn’t get as fluffy or form stiff peaks like dairy whipped cream, but it tastes good enough I know you won’t be worried about it 😉
- 1 cup almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- ½ cup pitted cherries (frozen)
- ½ cup raspberries (frozen)
- Coconut whipped cream, for serving
- Toasted coconut flakes, for serving
- Heat almond milk over medium heat until small bubbles appear, about 3 minutes. Whisk in chia seeds, pour into bowl, set aside.
- Place frozen berries into pan, add a drizzle of water, and cook until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Layer berry mixture and pudding mixture in cup, and top off with a big scoop of coconut whipped cream. Drizzle any extra liquid from berries on top, then throw on a handful of toasted coconut flakes.
If you make this, be sure to tag #odessadarling on Instagram so I can see it!